While your Lennox® heating system cannot speak to you, it has a way to get your attention when there’s a furnace error.
Its control panel has double LED lights that can display a fault code. Based on the fault, your heating system might display steady or flashing lights.
Although there are certain basic heating fixes you can do on your own, most repairs are best left to the professionals. When your furnace won’t turn on or put out heat, reach out to Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc at 715-301-0256 for expert furnace repair in Wisconsin Rapids.
Our technicians will rapidly detect and fix the breakdown, even if you don’t use a Lennox heating system. We can service all brands or makes—and get the comfort returned to your residence without delay.
What Does the Blinking Light on My Heating System Mean?
Your heating system depends on lights to flash code when it is malfunctioning. It also engages this system to let you know it’s working correctly.
Normal operation includes:
- Simultaneous slow flash—furnace running properly.
- Simultaneous fast flash—heating system is starting to call for heat.
If you see a lone light flashing slowly and the other blinking quickly, your heater might be having a low flame signal. This can take place even when your heating system is heating correctly. It signifies the flame sensing rod could be dirty or in the wrong area on the burner. Contact us at 715-301-0256 for support.
Here are a few other of the most typical errors for Lennox heating systems.
Heater Will Not Turn On
Here are many of the light arrangements you might see when your heating system will not or keep operating. The majority of these issues need to be handled by a professional, like one from Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc.
- The duo of LED lights aren’t lit. This indicates your heater might not have power. Examine the breaker box to make sure the heating system fuse isn’t tripped. You should reset the fuse if it’s in the “off” spot. If it promptly trips after a subsequent reset, don’t try to reset it again and get in touch with us us at 715-301-0256.
- One light is unchanging and the other is blinking slowly. This signifies the flame rollout switch is possibly not working right. The switch is an essential safety mechanism that aids in avoiding fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to fix this issue on your own.
- One light is blinking fast and the other is blinking slowly. This often indicates power polarity has been transposed. Your heater could have a wiring issue that requires specialized support from Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc.
- The pair of lights are flashing slowly. This means your heater’s blower motor probably isn’t working. This component sends hot air from the HVAC system into your home. We can assist in pinpointing what’s causing a problem with this part.
- One light is flashing slowly and the other is blinking fast. This means your heating system could have insufficient voltage or a short circuit. Reach out to our technicians at 715-301-0256 for help.
- One light is flashing on, on, off while the other blinks on, off, on. This signifies there may be a fault with your HVAC system’s control panel or wiring. Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc can pinpoint the error and handle it.
- The duo of lights are using alternating slow flickers. This indicates your HVAC equipment likely has a flame failure. There could be an issue with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Get in touch with us at 715-301-0256 for assistance.
- A single light flickers slowly while the other remains solid. This usually means your HVAC system’s limit switch is experiencing an error. The switch keeps your heating system from getting too hot. Call the experts at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc for support.
Heating System Blower Works But No Heat
Here’s what may be wrong when you hear your heating system’s blower fan on, but you aren’t gaining any warm air.
- Both lights are giving alternate rapid blinks. This indicates your furnace ignitor may not be working. This component lights gas in your heating system to create warmth and should be serviced by an expert from Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc.
Trust Us for Expert Furnace Repair
When you have to have your HVAC equipment in working order quickly, depend on the technicians at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc. Our techs will take care of the issue right away and have your residence feeling comfortable again in no time. Reach out to us at 715-301-0256 or contact us online to request an appointment right away.