There’s no getting around the changing weather in Wisconsin Rapids, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees could help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc pro comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few basic ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures drop in Wisconsin Rapids. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the pros at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc a call at 715-301-0256 to start saving a little more today.