Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Wisconsin Rapids summertime, have the specialists at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We recommend taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc today at 715-301-0256.