During the cold Wisconsin Rapids months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc right away if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc at 715-301-0256 or schedule an appointment with us online.