In Wisconsin Rapids you depend on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be preparing for furnace service
visit any day. Simply put, you might have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and influence your furnace’s performance. It could even create issues with your furnace’s threshold switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some signs for you to search for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a professional, like Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc, if you notice any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem weak? Symptoms related to your blower could indicate a bit of a problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and shut down its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a clogged condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc at 715-301-0256 when you need to arrange repairs or routine maintenance.