As spring starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Wisconsin Rapids? Especially if your air conditioning unit is newer or was operating good last summer.
Here’s one method to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to schedule any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc expert can help spot small troubles before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outside your home, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to maintain intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that collect in your equipment can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create increased energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they become major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly look at parts and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify issues before they lead to major troubles that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is prepped to give worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your unit is open to premature meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should have an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and components:
- Full unit condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Right Away with Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc
Today is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc pros a shout at 715-301-0256 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, don’t forget to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching service.