As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature begins to drop, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months rapidly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when the time comes to get a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a ring at 715-301-0256 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t waver in giving Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc in Wisconsin Rapids a call at 715-301-0256. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.