Whether you like winter or favor the warmer months in Wisconsin Rapids, a lot of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a large impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it must be replaced. We advocate at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Install a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can arrange temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. An expert at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the selection of newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you are considering routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc in Wisconsin Rapids a call to get started. Contact our team at 715-301-0256 or book an appointment with us online.