Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Wisconsin Rapids during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc at 715-301-0256 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.