Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to give you the best benefits. Trained technicians can service your heating and cooling products to make sure they're working at their greatest potential and help prevent more pricey repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
Contact Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc at 715-301-0256 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating allows the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. About 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is left on the low setting, allowing your two-stage unit to work for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also offer more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, better air filtration and energy efficiency.
Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc has a variety of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the correct solution for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, functioning similar to cruise control to make tiny adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. Give us a call at 715-301-0256 to learn more about the technology we offer.
Modern furnaces are developed with a variety of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems give you more even heating and are better at controlling airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another benefit of modern furnaces is their ability to integrate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace run more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc at 715-301-0256 to find out the requirements for the Wisconsin Rapids area.
Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc carries a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help cut back the amount of energy they require to work. Aside from picking products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you can consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives ongoing maintenance by a trained technician can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only targeted areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you don't typically utilize.
- Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you want when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on utility costs.
Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc is well-known in the Wisconsin Rapids area and you can depend on them to provide quality home comfort products. We offer a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to giving customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the best solution for your home.
Improving your homes indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home filled with air pollutants floating around. So, to improve IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least one time during the week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is good for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it harder for airborne pollutants to escape. We have products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and regular cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and removing particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help prevent particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We advise that you meet with one of the technicians at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc and have them perform an evaluation of your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you decide which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Lots of homeowners believe that air conditioners make it cooler in your house, but it actually removes the heat from your house, moving the hot air outside. That hot air goes across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing it outside. This process continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temperature you set on your thermostat.
Due to the high amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined by region and carry varying requirements based on your location. Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc can answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're in the market for a replacement system.
You can find these numbers on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker will be white with black letters and have both of these numbers located at the top of the sticker. M/N stands for model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a few ways to determine what size system is the best fit for your home, but the most reliable way to determine the right size system is by having your local Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a number of other factors.
Yes, because dirt and other debris can impede your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is not unusual to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also feature defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in those kinds of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is its warmest, the high setting kicks in, and when its cooler or more mild, the low setting handles the duties.
Usually, the lower setting is able to take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting starts up, you may not realize it because it can maintain such even temperatures for your comfort. This can also mean a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and better humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a number of reasons, but the most typical are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something homeowners take care of; however, you'll need to call the professionals at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc at 715-301-0256 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
Identifying the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot to think about. Thats why its nice to have such a great variety of choices from Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc. Whether you're in the market for for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are various thermostats that you have to select from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the experts at Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc will be able to help determine what options fit your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a little confusing due to their name, but they actually cover both your heating and cooling needs throughout the year. When its hot outside it operates like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets reversed and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and might produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we advise you to also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are designed to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other piece as a complete system, efficiency may be affected.
- As with most products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These advances most importantly include better heating and cooling efficiency, but also involve improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old typically need to be replaced. Not only do they feature outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than newer models. Getting a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with even more comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system may send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You should visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also displays carbon offsets as it happens.
In most locations, rain will naturally clean the solar modules. If you reside in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water can help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to wash solar modules.
The best thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc has programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help improve the efficiency of your HVAC systems. Browse our available products or contact us at 715-301-0256 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a significant amount of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc can help reduce these costs. If you're shopping for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the greater the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, think about these additional factors:
- Is your system regularly maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will operate more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Do you need a zoning system? If there are spaces in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Does your home have a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may reduce your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning systems give you the ability to section off areas of your home and control the air differently in each area. Zoning tends to be ideal for when you have parts of your home that are rarely used or when you and your family are constantly in disagreement of what the temperature in each area of your home should be. Zoning systems are almost noiseless and efficient, giving you more control over the comfort of your family home. Learn more about the zoning equipment available from Rapids Sheet Metal Works Inc.